Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Self-Designed Honey Label

So, I sat down to update this blog and add some pictures of what I've done with the bees so far this spring, and I got sidetracked by designing a label for my honey. I must say, I feel that it turned out very well. I didn't really find anything to inspire me. I started with a close up picture that I'd taken of a worker bee on the stones on the ground by my beehives. I then used Adobe Photoshop Elements to design the label. I cropped the picture, applied the Ink Outlines Filter and adjusted the levels. I then chose a font, and filled the font with a matched color from the bee. I used a hexagon clipping mask to further clip the picture to the shape of a honeycomb. I then looked up the requirements for honey labels from the National Honey Board (www.honey.com). The rest was adding text drop shadows and stroke outlines.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment